Job DescriptionOccupation: Field Service Technician
- Career Level: Experienced (Non-manager)
- Education Level: High School or equivalent
- Salary/Wage: Dependent on experience and qualifications
- Job Category: Field Service Technician
- Relevant Work Experience: 1 - 2 Years Hy-flo Equipment Company is in its 40th year of business and has been Family owned for the entire duration. Hy-flo is a provider of High Quality Industrial Hot and Cold Pressure Washers, Waste Oil Furnaces, Diesel Fired Portable Infrared Radiant Heaters, and Grasshopper Lawn Mowers to name the bulk of our feature products. With the exception of Grasshopper Mower Customers, most of our Customers are saturated within a 150 mile radius of Pittsburg Kansas. (Grasshopper Mower Service is primarily conducted in house) We feel like one of the key reasons Customers choose to do business with us is our history of providing quality mobile service. Do you have what it takes to become our next Field Service Technician? Please review the following Position Overview : We are seeking a self-motivated person to do repairs on industrial pressure washers, waste oil heaters, and related equipment as well as delivering goods to customers. Your tasks will include:
- Several weeks of in house training then moving into road training (At some point Manufacturing Company Service Schools may be offered to you) - Performing routine maintenance, installation or replacement of equipment.
- Being a problem solver. Every Service Call you conduct will be to solve a Customer's problem.
- Troubleshooting problems and creating estimates for repairs.
- Preparing paperwork in a timely manner. This includes: Estimates, service orders, sales orders and service tickets. Proper part numbers, process and results of repairs should be recorded in a neat and professional manner.
- Operating a fork lift.
- Maintaining inventory and keeping stock on your service truck. - Taking orders over the phone and assisting customers who walk into the shop. - Delivery of goods including hazardous materials.
- Becoming familiar and knowledgeable of new equipment, accessories and detergents.
- Making courtesy calls to promote service department.
- Maintaining a clean working environment within the shop and service vehicles.
- Performing other duties as directed.
- Making a strong effort to be punctual, clean, possess a good work attitude, and be well-groomed to portray a professional appearance including the continual use of personalized Hy-flo Issued Shirts, Jackets and Hats. While performing the duties of this job you will be required to walk, stand, use hands to feel, handle or reach, talk and hear. You will also occasionally be required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel and crouch. You must be able to lift and/or move up to and exceeding 50 pounds. You will regularly be exposed to outside weather conditions including wet, humid, hot and cold conditions as well as vibrations and moving mechanical parts.
- Some experience in small engine repairs / electrical knowledge, previous experience with pumps and motors is a plus. Additional training will be provided.
- Ability to work independently and stay on task.
- Good customer service skills.
- Always maintain a professional appearance and remain courteous and respectful when communicating with customers and other employees.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must obtain a Kansas Department of Transportation Physical (Paid for by Hy-Flo)
- Navigational skills
- Background checks and drug screening
- Signing an Attorney generated non-compete agreement in the event you leave Hy-flo for any reason. It is the responsibility of each technician to supply tools to perform daily work. Hy-Flo Equipment will provide specialty tools needed to perform service to the equipment. Management will determine which tools are supplied. Hy-Flo Equipment will not be responsible for lost or stolen tools.
Full Time Postion:
Hy-flo reserves the right to send you home once you have reached 40 hours within 1 work week. However, it may be necessary to ask you to work overtime from time to time. At some point you may be asked to work 4 Ten hour days in any combination but most likely Monday through Thursday or Tuesday through Friday
Benefits: (offered after 90 days)
- Salary Based Pay
- Generous Paid Time off Package
- Paid Holidays
- Company issued Cell Phone
- Annual Bonus
- Liberty National - Term Life Insurance Policy
- Aflac (Pre-tax group policies available for purchase)
- Primerica Key Man Life insurance (After one year of employment)